Remote sensing, aerial photography, UAVs, Geographic Information Systems, nearshore and intertidal habitats, seagrass mapping, land/sea interactions, land use change, eutrophication and nutrient loading, fisheries, freshwater salmon habitats, environmental restoration.
Long-term aerial photographic mapping of eelgrass (Zostera marina) in the Salish Sea (1932-2016)
Using archived historic aerial photography and imagery captured by Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), I am working to assess seagrass distributions change in the Salish Sea, British Columbia from 1932-2016.
Click here for more information
- Contributor: Geomorphic and geologic controls of geohazards induced by Nepal’s 2015 Gorkha earthquake, Science 2015.
- Report: Oil Spill Detection with Radarsat-2 on BC Coast. Submitted April 2015 to Ocean Networks Canada.
- Dissertation: Evaluating MODIS-Aqua for the detection of Heterosigma akashiwo. (2014). University of Victoria. Bachelor's Honours. Supervisor: Dr Maycira Costa
- NSERC Canada Graduate Scolarship – Master’s (2015)
- UVic President’s Research Scholarship (2015)
- Canadian Hydrographic Association Award (2013)
- Following the Last Wild Wolves (McAllister, 2011)
- Salmon: A Scientific Memoir (Isabella, 2014)
- The Sea Around Us (Carson, 1951)